Do you ever feel like everyone else has life all figured out?
And everyone just knows what to do next?
While you’re floundering and wondering how do you not have life figured out?
I thought when I graduated from high school, I would know exactly what I would be doing in college. Then when I got to college, I thought I would know exactly what I would be doing in the real world. But now I’m in the “real world” and I’ve realized that I’m still figuring it out.
The truth is everyone is still figuring it out.
Social media just does a great job of showing the best parts of ourselves and the highlights of our lives.
If you’re anything like me, you may be asking yourself:
how do you make the most out of your life?
I continuously question what my next step should be and how I should spend my time. I’m learning to embrace questioning and figuring out my life one step at time. Though this process may seem daunting, it’s essential for growth.
The best thing you can do as you try to navigate your life is to take the time to reflect, be patient, and continuously check in and question yourself.
25 Questions to Ask Yourself at 25
(I’ve personally asked myself these questions too)
1. What type of lifestyle do you want
2. What problems do you want to solve
in the world?
3. What inspires you?
4. What is your definition of
5. How do you identify? Ethnically,
nationality, sexuality, etc.
6. What have you done to make a
difference in the world?
7. Where do you want to travel in
8. How do you define a balanced life?
– with work, family, friendships, etc.
9. How do you show your friends,
family, significant other, etc., you love them?
10. What is your love language? (Or how
do you express and receive love?)
11. How do you deal with personal
adversity or pain? How do you support others around you experiencing pain or
12. How have you grown in the past 5
years? Or this past year?
13. When is it time to end or start a
14. What are your biggest failures and what have you learned from them?
15. What are your hobbies and passions
16. How do you practice self-love and self-care?
17. How do you spend or save money? What
major things are you saving for in the next year, 5 years, and 10 years?
18. When have you stepped outside your comfort zone and what did you learn from that experience?
19. What have you done to face or work
on your insecurities or fears?
20. How do you deal with transition
and change – in your work place or personal life?
21. What are you doing to understand
others who are different from you?
22. How do you handle feedback or critique?
23. If you’re in a difficult
situation, how do you change your mindset or take the steps to change your
24. What have been your major
crossroads in life? What paths did you choose to take?
25. What does a meaningful life look
like to you?
Life is beautiful, simple, and complicated at the same time. The beautiful thing about life is that we have the power to create, love, resolve, and make a change. The complicated thing about life is how we choose or decide to create, love, resolve, and make a change.
I hope these 25 questions has helped you think and reflect on where you are at in life. Obviously, you don’t have to be 25 to think about these questions. Taking the time to reflect on how you want to spend your energy in your life is essential for every age.
What other questions would you ask yourself? Or your friends/peers around you?
Shop My Look:
Sandals | Gee Wawa Footwear Sofia Ankle Detailed Off White
Thank you for reading!
This post was made in collaboration with American Eagle Outfitters.
Photos: Holly Phan