Welcome back to the blog! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. As we switch into the Holiday season, you’re probably shopping for new sweaters, oversized cardigans, and comfy coats. But wait, what about your favorite spring and summer items?
Before you haul your favorite floral dresses and skirts away, I’m inviting you to Spring Into Winter Style Challenge. I believe that with a little bit of styling and a little bit of love, we can bring our favorite spring and summer pieces into our winter wardrobe. I believe we can maximize all of our wardrobes –regardless of the season. And since we’re probably shopping for gifts for our loved ones, why don’t we shop our closets to save a little money this season?
Here’s how I Spring Into Winter:
So today I’m sharing how I took my favorite spring jumper (first featured on the blog here) into winter. I decided to layer this jumper with a neutral blue and white striped turtleneck sweater and a fuzzy green vest. I honestly feel like I’m wearing a blanket when I wear this vest! I added holiday glam and sparkle with pearl embellished heels!
Where I would wear this Spring Into Winter look:
Now that I’m winding down with school because it’s almost the end of fall quarter, I’ll be heading out to blogger events again! I would wear this look either at a blogger event or a Friday night dinner with my girlfriends.
Now it’s your turn! Here’s how you can spring into winter:
Show me and the world how you take your favorite spring and summer clothes into winter 2017 by joining the Spring into Winter Style Challenge.
- Find and select your favorite spring/summer piece(s)
- Style it in a winter inspired/holiday look
- Post it on Instagram, use #SpringIntoWinter, and please tag me in the photo & caption so I can see your look!
- I’ll be sharing my favorite #SpringIntoWinter looks on my Instagram stories and my blog.
- One winner will be picked and awarded a $50 either a Nordstrom or Amazon Gift card (so you can treat yourself to something cute this Holiday season!). Winner announced on Sunday December 17th.
*This Spring Into Winter Style Challenge is no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Nordstrom or Amazon.com. This contest is open to US residents only*
Here’s are a few style tips to inspire you spring into winter:
- Wear your favorite spring and summer dresses over long sleeve or turtle neck tops. (Example: Styled a collared white blouse -which I buttoned all the way up to the top with this orange dress on Instagram)
- Add a fun pair of tights or knee high socks to your short summer/spring dresses.
- Add a pair of culottes or pants under dresses.
- Layer, layer, and layer!
- Add a neutral blanket scarf to your floral maxi dress.
- Add your favorite winter accessories (scarves, beanies, gloves, etc) to your look.
- Add an oversized sweater dress to make it more appropriate for winter. (Example: Added a sweater to a purple slip dress for a date night look)
- Add over the knee boots or heeled booties to spring/summer dresses.
- Add a fur or fuzzy vest to any spring/summer blouses.
- Add a long winter coat or cardigan to any crop top with jeans or mini dress with tights.
Shop similar items and recreate my look:
I can’t wait to see how you spring into winter!
Photos: Karya Schanilec