Back to School with Holly & Emma
I wanted to introduce a new quarterly series on Emma’s Edition called the College Essentials. Holly and I are both going back to school this year so we wanted to share some things we think are essential for everyday college life. To kick off the College Essential series, Holly and I wanted to share 15 facts you may not know about us and introduce the Skullcandy Hesh 3 Wireless Headphones!
15 Fun Facts About Holly & Emma
Did you know….
1. Holly was the first photographer I ever asked to work with me for Emma’s Edition. She was the first person that came to mind when I decided to start blogging and taking photos for my blog!
2. Holly and I both grew up in the same town and did gymnastics in the same gym.
3. Holly and I both graduated from the University of Washington. I graduated in 2014 with a business degree focused on marketing and sales. And Holly graduated in 2015 with a medical anthropology and human evolutionary biology degree.
4. Holly and I both are going back to school. I’m going for my masters in communication in digital media. I decided to go back to school because I need it to move up in my career and company. I also want to develop more creative skill sets like –UX design, content strategy, etc. Holly is in the graphic design program at Seattle Central College. Holly decided to change career paths –from health administration to a more creative field.
5. Holly started out shooting cars and has expanded to shooting lifestyle nature photos and portraits. You can find more of her work on her instagram @hollypopss.
6. I started out just writing about fashion and have expanded to career advice and lifestyle related posts.
7. Holly’s favorite foods include poke and sushi. (These are also some of my favorite foods!)
8. I love caramel lattes, caramel brulee lattes (during the holidays), mochas, and coffee in general.
9. Holly loves succulents – she has a ton of them at home!
10. If you couldn’t tell on my instagram stories or Twitter, I love my dog Boone. He’s a one year old Norwegian Elkhound and we hangout a lot.
11. Holly loves color and loud quirky fashion and pusheen.
12. I like to describe my style has trendy everyday wear. I’m all about taking new trends and making them work for me.
13. Holly and I are both petite – Holly is 5ft 1 in and I’m 5ft tall even!
14. Both our favorite shoots were probably our first two photo shoots for my collaboration with American Eagle Outfitters – I absolutely loved our Fremont troll and parking garage photo shoot last year!
15. Though I don’t blog about it, I’m a runner. I started running in the 7th grade and I started out as a sprinter, hurdler, and jumper. I would run cross country in the fall and then switch back to sprinting/jumping in the spring all four years of high school. In college, I transitioned to long distance running. I still run between 3-5 miles each run and still run least twice a week. It’s hard to get a run after work in the winter time because it’s dark around 4pm…
And there you have it! 15 fun facts about Holly and I!
Now meet the Hesh 3 Wireless Headphones:
For the end of fall quarter, Holly and I teamed up with Skullcandy to share with you guys the Hesh 3 Wireless headphones. These headphones are perfect for my study sessions at the coffee shop or the library. I don’t know about you, but I have to listen to music when I study or work. And not only are these headphones chic, but they’re also comfortable! I wish I had a pair of headphones like this through undergrad so I’m happy I have them for the rest of my masters program!
These headphones would make a great gift to any college student out there! Shop both Holly and I’s headphones here:
What’s one college item you can’t live without?
Thank you for reading! Thank you to Skullcandy for gifting these headphones to Holly and I!
Photos: Holly Phan