Are you looking for new poses to try on Instagram? If so,
this blog post is for you.
One of my favorite things about blogging is taking photos! I love finding Instagrammable places in Seattle and finding creative ways to make more interesting photos.
So today I’m sharing 6 more dynamic poses you can try in photos! If you’ve read through How to Pose like a Fashion Blogger and still want more posing ideas, you’ll find this blog post helpful!
Here are 6 dynamic poses you can try in photos:
1. Jumping Up
I’ve been doing jumping photos since high school. While I
used to share those photos in the early days of Facebook and the end of
Myspace, this pose still works.
Here are a few tips on how to take a jumping photo:
- Don’t be afraid to try this pose over and over again. Capturing a jumping photo is all about timing! You may get this shot in one try or you might not. You might have to start taking the photos before the jump so you actually get the jump in midair. You’ll figure out your timing through practice – so don’t be afraid to try and try again!
- Figure out how you’re going to bring your legs up. Whether you choose to jump straight up or tuck your legs underneath, deciding how you’re going to position your legs in the air ahead of time will help you.
- Count “1-2-3-Jump!” out loud. Since jumping photos are about timing, you and your photographer will want to be on the same page when you actually make the jump. So whether you jump on “3” or on “jump”, your photographer will be ready!
2. Crouching down and lifting your leg up
I’ve shared the crouching down pose before on Photography Posing Ideas for Instagram. But an added twist to this pose is lifting your leg up!
This is an advance pose and it takes balance and flexibility to do this. I’d recommend starting with the crouching pose first. Then once you’re comfortable crouching in photos, I would work up to lifting my leg up.
I’m going to be honest with you guys, this pose is not easy – I can only hold it for a few seconds!
This is one of the easiest ways to add movement to your photos. If you’re showing off a cute dress or skirt, twirling is fun way to show off your outfits.
I twirled my way through the French Quarter this past summer! For more NOLA related posts, you can check out 12 Most Instagrammable Places in New Orleans and 10 Best Photo Spots in the French Quarter.
4. Hair flips
If you’re looking for an easy action shot where you aren’t jumping, crouching, or twirling, try a hair flip! This is a great pose if you’re showing off a new haircut.
5. Running towards the camera
I first shared this posing idea in 6 Flower Field Posing Ideas To Try. Maddy and I were having so much fun running around the tulip fields, I’m so glad Sam captured these photos!
If you have the space for it and the location makes sense make sense, running towards the camera can be a very dynamic pose. You can get a real sense of energy from the photograph.
6. Walking up or down the stairs
For my graduation photos, I knew I wanted to show off the University
of Washington’s Grand Staircase. Instead of sitting down on the steps, I decided
it would be more fun to walk up and down the stairs.
If you’re wanting to recreate this pose, make sure you walk slowly up and down the stairs. That way you see what steps you’re taking and your photographer has time to snap the shot.
There you have it friends! 6 Dynamic new poses you can try in photos!
What are your tips for posing for photos?
For more posing ideas, you can also check out:
Ways to Pose with Food for Your Instagram
Photo Prop Ideas for Your Next Photo Shoot
Hotel Photo Shoot Ideas: 8 Ideas You Can Try
Pinterest Board: Posing Ideas for Pictures Edition
Thank you for reading!
Photos: Sam & Maddy and Karya Schanilec