Happy New Year friends! I swear I just wrote and shared my 2019 Blogging Goals just yesterday but it’s now time to share my 2020 goals for Emma’s Edition.
Before I jump into 2020 goals, here were my 2019 goals:
- Focus more on Pinterest – I achieved this goal! I’m driving between 800,000 – 1 million monthly impressions on Pinterest.
- Focus on IGTV – I didn’t achieve this goal… I did create a few IGTVs but videos have been a challenge for me to consistently create.
- Test my blog post publishing frequency – I ended up testing if I should post less on my blog, but I realized that don’t want to decrease my blog publishing frequency because writing makes me happy. Writing has always been one of passions and I realized I needed my time to write multiple times a week.
- Create more travel content – I achieved this goal! Brandon and I traveled to the Philippines and Japan this past summer. I’ve also taken more blog trips to create more Instagrammable Places guides!
- More career/finances content – I achieved this goal! I’ve shared my New Year’s Money Resolutions and tips on managing college finances on BECU’s page.
Here are my 2020 Blogging Goals for Emma’s Edition:
Goal #1: Drive 100,000 monthly page views on Emma’s Edition
In 2018, I drove 10,000 monthly page views. In 2019, I drove between 40,000-47,000 monthly page views. In 2020, my blog goal is drive 100,000 monthly page views on Emma’s Edition.
I plan on continuing to write and publish 2 blog posts a week. My social strategy is to also share my blog posts across all my platforms – Instagram, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, and email more than once.
Goal #2: Reach 50,000 followers on Instagram
In 2018, my goal was to reach 20,000 followers. In 2019, I reached 30,000+ followers. And in 2020, I’m aiming to reach over 50,000 followers on Instagram.
I plan on continuing to post every day and I’m currently re-thinking my community building strategy. I dabbled with creating my Close Friends Group but I fell off creating content for that group after I graduated in June.
Goal #3: Launch a podcast with my friend Maddy!
Surprise! Maddy and I are launching a podcast this year. We want to share our content creation/blogging lessons and tips with you all!
We’re still in the process of figuring out branding, how to get on platforms like iTunes and Spotify, and what microphone to order… But we have SO MUCH CONTENT we want to share and have learned over the past few years of blogging.
I’ve loved listening to podcasts over the past few years so I’m excited to step into the podcast world with my friend Maddy!
Goal #4: Create more travel content
In 2019, I traveled and created content for all these amazing cities:
In 2020, here’s what’s on my travel bucket list to create Instagram guides:
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Los Angeles/Orange County, California
- San Antonio, Texas
- Austin, Texas
- Washington D.C.
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Portland, Maine
I’m also open to other cities so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
Goal #5: Embrace video – IGTV and TikTok
TikTok wasn’t on my radar until about 2 months ago. I feel like TikToks are less formal and scripted than IGTV. You’ll find fun dances, duets, and other fun videos on TikTok. I’m trying to not overthink this new platform, but I am trying to figure out my way around it. I hope to solidify TikTok as part of my social strategy by the end of 2020.
IGTV – I’m carrying my goal from 2019 into 2020 to do 1-2 IGTVs a month!
Goal #6: Start back up my monthly newsletter
I’ve failed two years in a row to create a consistent newsletter. I know email marketing is an essential part of a business and I haven’t done it at all… In 2020, I’m going to send out a monthly newsletter – even if it’s just a recap of the blog posts I published that month!
There you have it friends – 5 of my major 2020 blogging goals for Emma’s Edition.
What are your blogging goals for 2020?
Thank you for reading!