Are you an aspiring influencer or content creator looking to set your 2021 goals? Here are a few questions to ask yourself before you set your 2021 goals.
Goal setting is a part of my strategy as a content creator, blogger, and influencer. I’ve always looked forward to setting goals at the start of every new year. I love reflecting on how my brand and business did the previous year. I love writing down what I’ve learned and what goals I met. I also enjoy the exercise of asking myself why I didn’t meet my goals (You can find my 2021 Goals here). I cherish my time at the beginning of each year to be honest with myself and reflect on where I’m at as a content creator.
If you’re looking to start, build, or take your brand and business to the next level, I hope these questions help you start your reflection and help you think about what you want for 2021.
Here are 25+ questions to ask yourself before you set your 2021 goals:
- Who are you as a brand?
- What is your mission statement?
- What is your purpose? Why are you creating content?
- What are your content buckets or content pillars? (fashion, travel, beauty, etc.)
- How do you deliver value?
- How do you define success as a content creator?
- How do you make money as a content creator?
- How do you want to make money as a content creator?
- What was your financial target last year?
- What is your financial target for the year?
- How do you diversify your income?
- What business processes should you outsource or insource? (example: photography can be in-sourced or outsourced)
- Who is your target audience(s)?
- Where does your target audience(s) live?
- What problems are you solving for your audience?
- How do you attract your ideal audience?
- How do you build community and trust?
- What are my skills as an influencer, blogger, podcaster, or content creator?
- What is my expertise?
- How can I use my skills and expertise to help my audience?
- How can I use my skills and expertise to clarify who I am as a brand?
- What new skills do I want to build this year? (example: taking photos, editing photos, etc.)
- How often am I showing up on my platforms?
- How much time am I spending on each platform?
- Do I need to adjust (increase or decrease) my time on each platform?
- If I diversify my brand and introduce a new platform, how do I need to adjust my schedule?
- How often am I pitching? Do I need to spend more time pitching?
If you’re ready to set your 2021 goals but need some guidance on how to outline your financial goals or goals around building a community, I recommend checking out my newest course:
How to Set Goals for Your Brand and Business.
Use code: SETYOURGOAL to get $50 off. This code expires January 10th 2021.
My goal for this course is to help other content creators and side-hustlers learn how to set (annual, quarterly, monthly) goals for their brand and business. Learning how to evaluate your time, clarify your intentions, and identify your reasons behind your goals will help you build your brand and business.
What’s in this course?
Evaluating your mindset & emotions around your goals
How to Set Financial Goals
- How to set an annual revenue target
- Basic business terms
- Exercises to outline your costs and lay your your revenue by quarter
How to Set Goals to Build New Habits/Routines
- An exercise to help you evaluate your time
How to Set Goals Around Your Audience/Customer
- How do you deliver value to your audience?
How to Set Goals to Build your Skills/Expertise
- Examples of skills that content creators/influencers have
Tips on establishing accountability
- Tips on accountability for yourself + an accountability partner
Bonus Module: 25+ examples of goals you can set for your brand and business
Thank you for reading!
Photos: Holly Phan