Are you planning a girls’ weekend this year? Here are 6 girls weekend trip ideas in the U.S. to check out!
Traveling with your girlfriends is always so much fun. A long weekend to reconnect and spend time together is always a good idea – especially as life gets busier. I’ve traveled to various cities across the U.S. with my friends. And here are my top 6 recommendations for a long weekend with your friends:
6 Girls Weekend Trip Ideas in the U.S.
City #1: Scottsdale
Scottsdale was one of the last cities I went to before the pandemic. I got to explore Scottsdale with my friend Maddy for a long weekend. It felt so good to escape to the desert and feel the sun during December (we don’t see much sun during winter in Seattle). If you’re planning a long weekend trip to Scottsdale, here are a few things I recommend checking out for your itinerary:
- Wander around The Mercantile of Scottsdale. I highly recommend stopping by here if you’re looking for an indoor market with local, unique crafts and finds.
- Grab dessert at Sugar Bowl. If you’re walking around Old Town Scottsdale, you must stop by Sugar Bowl. They offer fountain treats in style and tradition. Plus, the interior is pink!
- Eat dinner at Diego Pops. This restaurant offers a playful twist on authentic Mexican dishes as well as fun cocktails.
Hotel Recommendation: Hotel Adeline
Address: 5101 N. Scottsdale Road Scottsdale, AZ
City #2: Los Angeles
One of my favorite cities on the West Coast is Los Angeles. Every neighborhood in LA offers unique experiences, amazing places to eat, and a different vibe. It can take an hour (if not more) to visit one neighborhood in LA to another district (for example Santa Monica to Griffith Park or Griffith Observatory). If you decide to visit LA for a long weekend, I recommend renting a rental car.
If you’ve never been to LA before, here are a few top things to do in LA for your first time:
- Shop and see the pier at Santa Monica. Promenade Street is a great spot for shopping and restaurants. There is also Santa Monica State Beach and the Santa Monica Pier. While it can get very busy and touristy, I do recommend seeing or staying in Santa Monica for a long weekend.
- See the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA).
- Check out Universal Studios Hollywood or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Walk down Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach for the shops, trendy restaurants, and coffee shops!
If you’re looking for cute photo spots around LA, I put together the most Instagram worthy spots on Melrose Avenue.
Hotel Recommendation: Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica
City #3: Denver
One of my favorite cities I got to visit in the U.S. last year was Denver, CO. My friend/photographer Holly and I spent three days exploring Denver for the first time. We loved the variety of things to do in the city and how relaxed the city felt. We also got to visit my content creator friend Emily!
If you’re planning a girls weekend trip to Denver, here are a few spots I recommend adding to your list:
- Grab breakfast or a snack at Green Collective Eatery. I wish we had one in Seattle!
- One of Denver’s best girls’ weekend trip ideas is to book a tea session at Babe’s Tea Room. They have both indoor and outdoor dining experiences. And it’s so fun to drink tea and eat tea sandwiches.
- Watch a concert at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater. I’ve never seen a concert venue like this before! Even if there isn’t a concert, I recommend renting a car to drive to see the Red Rocks.
You can also check out: Your First Time Guide to Denver for more things to do in Denver.
Airbnb Recommendation: Mod Moroccan Oasis at the Espadin
City #4: San Francisco
San Francisco is always such a fun city to visit with friends. Unlike Los Angeles, you don’t need to rent a car to get around the city. You can explore San Francisco with ride-sharing services.
If you’re ready to plan your weekend getaway to San Francisco, here are fun things to do in San Francisco for the first time:
- Hang out at Baker Beach and enjoy the view of Golden Gate Bridge.
- Wander around Umbrella Alley on the San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf. There are fun, colorful murals to take photos with!
- Check out the Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park.
- Grab tea or lunch at the Rotunda inside Neiman Marcus.
If you’re looking for more photo spots around the city, I recommend checking out San Francisco’s Most Instagrammable Places.
Hotel Recommendation: The Clift Royal Sonesta Hotel
Address: 495 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94102
City #5: Seattle
I may be biased (as a local Seattle-lite), but Seattle is a great city to visit for a girl’s, couples, or just a friend’s weekend in general. While Seattle is much smaller than other West Coast cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles, it has excellent restaurants, coffee shops, and things to do.
If you’re looking for fun things to do in Seattle for a girl’s weekend trip, here are a few recommendations:
- Take an Argosy Cruise around Elliot Bay. I highly recommend booking at least the one-hour Harbor Cruise with Argosy Cruise – especially during the summertime. You get to see the Seattle skyline from the water, and the Olympic mountains and learn about Seattle’s history.
- Explore one of Seattle’s most vibrant neighborhoods: Capitol Hill. I recommend grabbing lunch at Di Fiora, a matcha latte at Atulea, or ice cream at Molly Moon’s Ice Cream.
- Explore Seattle’s Fremont neighborhood: visit the Fremont Troll, Indoor Sun Shoppe (plant shop), or check out Gas Works Park.
- Rent a car and drive out to Woodinville, WA, for wine tasting. One of the top spots for wine tasting is Chateau St. Michelle. But I recommend checking out Chateau Lill or booking a Get Your Guide Snoqualmie Falls and Woodinville wine-tasting tour.
And if you’re looking for more Instagram-worthy spots in Seattle, I recommend scrolling through 25 Best Photo Spots in Seattle to Check Out. If you’ve never been to Seattle, I recommend checking out: Your First Time Guide to Seattle.
Hotel Recommendation: Olympic Hotel
Address: 411 University Street, Seattle – Washington 98101, United States
City #6: Austin
Austin, TX is one of my favorite cities. I visited with my sister in 2021. We spent the weekend in Austin and had the best time thrifting and eating our way through the city. Some of my favorite things to do in Austin for a weekend:
- Grab lunch at Taquero Mucho
- Thrifting at Pavement & Modern Recycled – we visited two different locations because we love thrifting so much.
- Explore South of Congress (SOCO) – there are tons of places to eat and shop in this neighborhood! You can grab a cup of coffee at Jo’s coffee or stop by a wine shop/bike shop at the Meteor.
If you’re looking for the best photo spots in Austin, I also recommend checking out: 10 Most Instagrammable Spots in Austin.
Hotel Recommendation: Austin Motel
Address: 1220 S Congress Ave Austin TX 78704
What other cities would you add to this list?
Thank you for reading!